Michael Shearer AM.
Michael is a Consultant with WVB and has a wealth of accounting, tax and financial management knowledge, with many and varied clients since becoming a Chartered Accountant nearly 50 years ago.
His experience in the profession encompasses a number of local Adelaide firms and also being a Partner in one of the big four national/international Chartered Accounting entities.
His specialty is wealth creation and its maintenance through generations and his clients include high wealth individuals and families, emerging and recognised elite professionals, not for profit charities and successful businesses generally.
He is (and has previously been) a Director of quite a number of companies (including a publicly listed company) and Chairman and President of the Boards of a number of charities and educational institutions and is a Member of the Order of Australia.
Michael officially retired from public practice on the 30th of June 2017 but has retained his directorships on a number of WVB client boards.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Fellow of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Order of Australia – AM
- Honorary Fellow of St Marks College
- Past Chairman of the David Roche Foundation
- Past President of The Adelaide Club
- Past Chairman of Committee of The Adelaide Club
- Past Bursar and Chairman of Council of St Mark’s College, University of Adelaide
- Past Chairman of Council of Walford Anglican School for Girls